There are a lot of doctors in the natural skincare playing field (Dr. Hauschka and Dr. Bronner’s for example). But today I want to introduce you to a US based brand that takes natural to heart, Dr. Woods Naturals. Creating their soaps and oils all in the US, Dr. Woods has some pretty darn pure soaps and now, my new favourite body wash…
My first experience with Dr. Woods was with their Pure Peppermint Castille Soap. While it can be used for a facial cleanser, shampoo and natural cleaner (laundry, dishes, floors) but I mainly used it as my body wash. The peppermint is so pure it literally tingles my skin, my underarms have never felt like they sparkled before, but this soap does it. Also, there is nothing like peppermint to wake you up on those early mornings. It is so refreshing.
Because it is made with Shea butter (packed with natural Vitamin E & A) and olive oil, it is naturally moisturizing; however, the saponified oils and rosemary extract leave you feeling so clean. My mom even used this soap to clean her makeup brushes, and it worked beautifully.
The ingredients are pure:
- Purified Water
- Saponified Coconut, Hemp & Olive Oils
- Organic Shea Butter
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamine E)
- Peppermint Oil & Rosemary Extract
- Sea Salt
- Citric Acid
Jam packed with anti-oxidants and botanicals, this cleanser was a wonderful addition to my summer so far. While it is exfoliating, it doesn’t contain any granules or beads that lift skin, instead, it’s the star powered ingredients that lift the skin cells and help renew your skin all over.
This was a non-foaming cleanser, with additions including:
- Black Soap – one of the most gentle exfoliating products for skin, which is great for blemishes
- Organic Shea Butter – the super moisturizer and a fantastic combatant against facial lines
- Extracts of Chamomile, Lavender, Tea Tree, Rosemary and Peppermint – soothing and conditioning on your skin