Summer hasn't quite left us yet, and thank goodness. I'm still loving and enjoying these beauty-food packed smoothie bowls for weekend breakfast. They're packed with nutrients to boost your natural beauty, not to mention pack a mega-health punch!
On Sundays, I especially love whipping up variations of my smoothie bowls, but here is a go to favourite of mine! The nuts and seeds are packed with skin plumping omegas, while the berries are chock-full of antioxidants that are beating of those aging free radicals. Iron in the dried berries and other minerals in your dried superfood berries are a great addition! Get creative and make your own beauty boosting breakfast.
I've linked to my favourite products for the main ingredients - if you shop on iHerb, you can get $5 off with code MEP206!
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
For Smoothie Base:
- Slice 1/2 banana
- Assorted fresh berries (go crazy!! - berries are packed with antioxidants and great anti-aging foods)
- Nuts of your choice (I love pecans, pistachios and brazil nuts)
- Dried super berries (golden berries, goji berries or mulberries are my faves!)
- Bee pollen granules (if you are not vegan)
- Really you can get creative, just add your favourite super foods, nuts and berries!
Simply blend the smoothie ingredients in a high powered blender for a few minutes.
Pour into bowls
Decorate with your toppings!
What are your favourite smoothie bowl toppings?!
Hope you get a chance to make you own version this weekend, loves!