If Instagram hasn’t yet updated you, my absence was due to a quick jaunt to my favourite city on this planet, Paris. I hold this city near and dear to my heart; it is home to some of my greatest memories since my first visit in 2006. Since then I have travelled to Paris a few times a year, and even had the amazing experience of living there with one of my best friends. When said bestie told me she was going to be in France over the weekend, I was on a plane in a heart beat. After her departure, the bf flew in to keep me company on the terraces of the grande boulevards. It was the perfect blend of a girls’ weekend and romantic getaway in the City of Lights.
Bon Voyage, Naturally
While I tried to get this post out before I left, time wasn’t on my side. Still, I figured that a “what’s in my bag” was relevant with summer on the way and getaways on the rise. With that, I leave you with my travel naturally beauty bag essentials. Some of these you’ve seen before, and others are new to the stage, but what they all have in common is that they are effective and natural.
What’s in my Bag
Here’s a run down of what was in my travel beauty bag (all under 100 mls, so OK for air travel) – the purple links are to previous articles I’ve written on the product (if applicable) and orange links give you an example of where to buy the product.
- Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hair Spray – Shop for $12 USD for 2oz (Travel Size)
- Estelle & Thild Rose Otto Eye Cream – Shop for $45 USD for 20 ml – It’s about time a Scandinavian brand made it on my list, isn’t it? A new player on my roster, this lovely organic eye cream is packed with antioxidants from rose otto, blueberry and sacha inci, which are great for protection and reparation.
- Dr. Hauschka Stone Eye Shadow Palette – Shop $45 USD for 4 versatile tones – perfect for travel
- Travel Size Yucatan Herbal Shampoo & Conditioner – These were given to me by a sweet friend who knew I was in need of some organic travel sized hair care. In a few weeks time I’ll be posting a blog on the best in natural hair care, so stay tuned for that. In the mean time, fill your travel containers up with your favourite natural haircare products and avoid the toxic crap hotels provide
- Shiseido Eyelash Curler – Shop $19 USD – comes with 1 replacement rubber pad
- Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Mascara Jumbo Lash – Shop $11 USD
- Kibio 50 SPF Facial Sunscreen – Shop $20 USD
- LaVanila Roller Ball in Vanilla – Shop $19 USD
- Soapwalla Deodorant Cream – Shop $14 USD
- Dr. Hauschka Liquid Eye Liner in Black – Shop $18 USD
- UNE Cosmetics Eye Brow Pencil in B02 – Shop $9USD
- Honeybee Gardens Lipstick in Soft Kiss – Shop $8 USD ***I LOVE this lipstick, it’s my favourite at the moment
- Koh Gen Doh HD Aqua Foundation in PK2 – Shop $64 USD
- Lulu Organics Dry Shampoo Hair Powder (talc free) in Lavender + Clary Sage – Shop $30 USD for full 4oz size & Shop $9.50 USD for 1 oz