I realize I haven’t been posting many recipes as of late…and I really can’t come up with a good reason as to why. So I thought, with this fine December day, and us heading into holiday season, there is no time like the present to post on some alternatives for the sugar-laden foods we tend to find ourselves around throughout December. If you catch yourself needing a sweet (and chocolately) treat, look no further than this glorious pudding recipe.
The avocado is great for skin plumping and keeping it looking hydrated and fresh, while the cacao (which is packed with antioxidants and therefore preventing your beauty cells from breaking down) also helps increase blood flow and vessel function. This further helps to improve the tone and texture of your skin. Talk about beauty food!
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen a variation of this one, but I thought it was too good not to share in its own post. So, here you have it, gorgeous.
Ingredients (for two)
- 2 Frozen bananas
- 1 small Avocado (or 1/2 a large one)
- 2 dates (pitted)
- 2 – 4 TBS of Almond milk (or any other mild-tasting nut “mylk”. Add more if needed to reach desired consistency – I usually eyeball this one)
- 1 – 2 Heaping TBS of Raw cacao powder
- 1 – 2 TBS of chia seeds (depends on the amount of almond milk you add – you can make this without chia seeds, but they add a nice thickening to the pudding)
- Raw cacao nibs to top
- Vanilla Extract (I use vanilla powder – usually about 1/4 TSP)
- Few drops of Stevia or bit of raw honey (only needed if you have a really sweet tooth – I find the bananas and dates more than enough)
- Raw maca powder if you want to give it a bit of an aphrodisiac kick (1 TSP)
Simply blend the ingredients together in a blender – without the cacao nibs – and voila, pour into bowls and serve immediately.
Enjoy the delicious desert for you and yours – the kiddies should love this one too! My boyfriend eats this stuff up and loves it. The trick is to pretend it came from a box :) hehe
What’s your favourite “healthy” desert? Comment below!