I posted the below picture on Instagram yesterday, and I have to say today’s smoothie recipe kind of brings the truth out of it :)
I was craving something a little sweeter this morning, so I put these fun ingredients in a blender and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. It’s a quick and easy recipe too, so hope you enjoy!
- 1 Frozen banana
- 1 heaping TBS of chia seeds (mega omegas!)
- Handful of kale (about 1 large stalk, stems removed)
- 2 TSP of raw cacao powder
- 2 dates (or one large Medjool date)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of plant mylk of choice (I used organic reduced fat coconut milk, or you could make your own almond mylk)
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Pinch of powdered vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (to top and stir in, do not blend)
Blend these ingredients and then add whole blueberries throughout. I enjoyed mine with a spoon so each blueberry was a little “chocolately” surprise. It truly was a chocolate salad… blended to perfect and super delicious. For some extra crunch stir in some raw cacao nibs or crushed walnuts!
Happy Saturday Beauties,